Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tune For Tuesday

Saturday is Valentine’s Day. I thought I’d play a love song for my Tune for Tuesday today. It might not be considered a love song by everyone, but it is for my husband and me. My husband and I met the summer of 1992. A handful of songs from that summer still remind me of falling in love. And yes, I even made a mix tape for him during that time! We had a long distance relationship that fall as I went back to college, and he attended graduate school. “Even Better Than the Real Thing” by U2 is one of these songs from the summer of ‘92. (Girlfriend by Matthew Sweet and “Not Enough Time” by INXS are two other memorable songs of that time.)
U2 is a band that has stood the test of time. “New Year’s Day” and “I Will Follow” were the first two songs that I loved by them when I was in junior high. I enjoyed their newest song, "Get on Your Boots" that they played at the Grammy Awards. Bono is an amazing singer and an even more amazing humanitarian. U2 is a brillliant classic and current band.
"Even Better Than the Real Thing" is from U2's 1991 album Achtung Baby. Enjoy this song that takes me back. What songs remind you of your significant other?