Monday, February 23, 2009

Oscar Night


I do like the Oscars-the glitz, the glamour, the beautiful gowns. I’m not terribly qualified to write about movies as I only see a few a year, and when I do it is usually silly comedies that never get nominated (like Step Brothers or Forgetting Sarah Marshall). I did see a few nominated movies: The Dark Knight, Iron Man, and the animated ones! I do want to watch some of the nominated movies like The Reader and Revolutionary Road, someday on DVD…But I did watch the Oscars (okay, I fastforwarded through them- it’s a long flippin’ show!) so I will write about it. Find the winners here.

Random Thoughts about the Academy Awards
1. Wolverine can sing AND dance!
2. Meryl Streep has had 15 Oscar nominations! WOW! She is one classy, talented actress.
3. Goldie Hawn is so gosh darn cute.
4. Loved Tina Fey’s and Steve Martin’s entrance.
5. I think Jennifer Aniston and Jack Black should do a movie together.
6. I had to laugh at Seth Rogan and James Franco.
7. During Best Actress, it was very touching to hear past winners speak of each nominee. You could feel the nervousness and heartfelt emotions of the nominees.
8. Ack! My DVR didn't tape the whole show, it cut out at Angelina Jolie's nomination.
9. Though I'm not too disappointed, this show is soooooooooo long!
10. I need to get out more and see more movies…

Of course most everyone looked beautiful, but here are some of my favorites of the night.
My fave dress: Sarah Jessica Parker. She looked like a modern princess(but I hate to say I didn’t love her hair tonight…).
Best dressed male: Robert Downey, Jr.
Best dressed females: Diane Lane (classic and exquisite with the perfect accessories) and Taraji P. Hensen (again, beautiful strapless with a gorgeous necklace)
Best hair and makeup: Alicia Keys