Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tune for Tuesday

Today’s Tune for Tuesday comes from a band that was popular in the late nineties. Third Eye Blind is one of my favorite bands. Their self-titled debut album came out in 1997. It was a huge success with hits such as “Semi-charmed Life,” “How’s It Going to Be,” and “Graduate.” My favorite song from the album is “Narcolepsy.” That CD was continuously playing in my car throughout 1997 and 1998. I saw them in concert in 1998; they were just as good live. Third Eye Blind came out with another album, Blue, in 1999. “Never Let You Go” and another one of my favorites, “Anything,” were on that album. Their 2003 album, Out of the Vein, was not as much of a success as the first two. I own all three albums, and frequently listen to their music. It is rumored that Third Eye Blind will be coming out with another album this year. I would love to listen to some new material from them.
One of their hits from their first album is featured in the Jim Carrey film, Yes Man.
Listen to Jim Carrey sing the Third Eye Blind song, “Jumper.”


Now listen to Third Eye Blind’s “Jumper.” Third Eye Blind rocks!