Thursday, January 22, 2009

This or That Thursday

Today’s edition of This or That is actually This or That or This or That. You have four choices today! Vampire books have been very successful through the years that many have been made into movies or TV shows. So today’s question is which vampire do you prefer?
Anne Rice’s Lestat (Interview with a Vampire) or Charlaine Harris’s Bill (Dead After Dark, the HBO series, True Blood) or Stephanie Meyer’s Edward (Twilight) or Bram Stoker’s Dracula?
Here's a clip from each:
Lestat

Dracula

Bill

Edward


I have only read Interview with a Vampire. I have started reading Dead After Dark, because I loved the HBO series, True Blood. I’ve seen Bram Stoker’s Dracula, but haven’t read it. I intend to read and watch Twilight this year.
Lestat is selfish (and Tom Cruise didn't seem right for the part). Dracula is way too scary. I will probably change my mind after reading/watching Twilight (Robert Pattinson played a dashing Cedric Diggory in the Harry Potter movie), but from what I have read/viewed so far my pick is Bill! I eagerly watched True Blood week after week this fall. And I love the way Bill says, “Sookie” with his Southern drawl. Which vampire is your pick? Don't forget to vote on the poll on the right, too!