Sunday, September 21, 2008

And the Emmy goes to...

Eight Things I Learned From the Emmy’s
1. Celebrity dudes are short. I actually kind of knew that.. I’ve read that Tom Cruise is only 5’7”, but when Heidi Klum walked out with four other reality hosts…she towered over all of them. She’s 5’9 ½’ and the average American man’s height is 5’10”. (I bet you didn’t think you could learn from my blog, did you?)
2. Steve Carell doesn’t even have to talk to make me laugh.
3. Steve Martin looks almost exactly the same as he did on SNL over 25 years ago.
4. Steven Colbert eating prunes makes me giggle.
5. If you want your child to be a comedian, name him Steve!
6. If you are a guest on 30 Rock, you’ll probably be nominated for an Emmy!
7. Denis Leary looks a bit like Josh Todd, lead singer of Buckcherry (see my previous post for picture).
8. Josh Groban can impersonate the voices of South Park characters?!


Some Picks and Some Actual Winners (Go to Entertainment Tonight for all the winners. Who do I look like, Mary Hart?)
Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series
My Pick: Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother) - In his character, Barney’s words, He’s AWESOME!
Winner: Jeremy Piven - I’ve actually stood next to him when I was an extra in his short-lived TV series, Cupid. He’s short, too! (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)
Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series
My Pick: Amy Poehler (SNL) - She just plain cracks me up!
Winner: Jean Smart (Samantha Who?)
Best Supporting Actor in A Drama Series
My Pick: ? Winner: Zeljko Ivanek (Damages)
Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series
My Pick: Chandra Wilson (Grey’s Anatomy) Winner: Dianne Wiest (In Treatment)
Best Actor in a Comedy Series
My Pick: Steve Carell (The Office) Winner: Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) – sadly he didn’t call anyone a rude little pig in his speech…
Best Actor/Actress in a Drama Series
Winners: Glenn Close (Damages) and Brian Cranston (Breaking Bad)
Best Actress in a Comedy Series
My Pick: Tina Fey (30 Rock) Winner: Tina Fey! I finally picked a winner!;)

Fashion Wrap Up
Tina Fey looked smokin’, I love Kate Walsh’s sleek new, shorter do, and Vanessa Williams is one of the most beautiful women on this planet! No disses in this wrap up, I seriously think most of the celebrities looked pretty great.